Thursday 5 August 2010

Starfish and Coffee, at a Table Laid for Tea.

Looking at my last sketch, I love the idea but I think it is much too much for one picture as I have the Romany caravans and the tea party. After looking at everything I would like to put into the tea party, the detail that you can see below I realise that I have to spread it over two paintings.



On the side I have written carousel Puddycat with a fish on his way. On the top: Starfish and coffee, maple syrup and jam. Butterscotch clouds and a tangerine ..... Purple rain. (As a young teen I was obsessed with the music of Prince) At the bottom: Gingerbread house in the distance. Butterflies over ears, mouth and eyes.. Liquorish (as in all sorts!) In the picture then starting from the left: A gramophone on top of a red toad stall.  A table is laid for tea that is a butterscotch cloud, with ladders as legs, underneath it the rain is purple. There is a stack in the centre of plates, cups, cakes and starfishes (anything and everything). At tea characters sit on cakes and toad stalls so far there is my purple flower bunny, a habbit, horse, owl, Rhesus Monkey, Squirrel and a frog. Bloombie has just walked up. The tree behind acts as a server using it's branches to pour milk, coffee or tea, offering cakes and star fish. Above, not seen here, our boy will be sitting watching on. I'm not sure if Mimi will be at the tea or also watching from afar. 



The painting that follows has a floating city in it. The balloons are helped by various creatures, leaping over spring bunnies frolic in the air. The trees echo their formations from Vigeland's park in Norway. Taken from the tree sculptures that follow life's cycle in a circle around the great fountain. The tree's and situations in Vigaland's thoughts, use 'The Ash of Yggdrasil', The World Tree that refer to old Norse mythology, using 'The Ash of Yggdrasil' (I will continue his thoughts here.) Mimi will dive in one of the trees, just as a girl dives in one of Vigeland's trees. Other animals will mimic situations that exist within this circle. The habbits, purple bunny are talking around a tree. Off centre a lake is heart shaped. Bloombie watches on.

No comments:

Post a Comment